Tax Manager- quick path to Partner
Are you seeking a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where an experienced CPA professional can thrive? Are you tired of working under the relentless pressure of Public Accounting firms? If so, then we have the career for YOU!
Join a rapidly expanding Accounting, Finance, and Business Services firm in Fort Myers, Florida that focuses entirely on small businesses and regional commercial enterprises. Our client is one of the larger privately-owned firms in the area. As a lead CPA within the firm, you will support clients located throughout the SW Florida area in preparing corporate tax returns and financial statements along with providing business counselling in areas of accounting and business administration to support their growth. Expertise with QuickBooks is essential.
Our client is profitable, supports promotion from within, and offers a wide range of career advancement options. Position will move to Partner in 2-3 years.
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax returns and financial reporting on an annual, quarterly, or monthly basis for individuals, corporations, S-corporations, LLCs and partnerships.
- Prepare SSARS and OCBOA compiled financial statements, including transaction data entry, account reconciliation, general ledger write-up and journal entries.
- Prepare payroll, CAT/sales tax, BWC filings, and other miscellaneous business filings as requested.
- Support growth of client base by advocating other in-house business services as appropriate, such as payroll services, accounting/bookkeeping, outsourced CFO/Controller functions, IT support, financial/estate planning, legal representation, and business strategy consulting.
- Bachelors or higher in Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential is required (MUST have passed all 4 exams).
- Minimum of 2 years as a CPA preparing tax returns, financial statements, and corporate filings for small business clients.
- Expertise with QuickBooks software is a MUST, to include data entry, reporting, with ability to train clients on use/implementation of applications.
- Knowledge/familiarity with UltraTax, Creative Solutions (Thomson Reuters) is a plus.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform multiple individual and business tax returns simultaneously during tax season.
- Expertise with preparing and interpreting client financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, profit and loss (P&L), CAT/sales tax filings, BWC filings, and budget vs. actual statements.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial mindset where one is continually seeking more opportunities and ever-increasing responsibilities.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task during high intensity tax seasons.
- Ability and willingness to work longer flexible hours during peak tax season to support demand.
- Upbeat positive attitude with the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- High level of competitive drive and maturity to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Strong relationship management skills and desire to interface with clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.